Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tis so sweet....

Why is it so hard to trust the Lord? Why no matter how faithful He is yet we still doubt and fret. Like the child who gets the proverbial hand slapping over and over again we continue to reach into the cookie jar of doubt. Knowing there really aren't any cookies in that jar at all. I guess this has come to an acute head for me since the onset of or should I say the displacement of any regular or promised income. With only $125 a month of promised income and a very blank schedule for the next 4 months on the outside things look bleak. But that is where the exercise in faith really begins, and that is unfortunately where my weakness grows by leaps and bounds. I can look at the past and see that God has never let us down, never let a bill go unpaid. We may have not had all we would like,but we've never done without. I do believe I am starting to get a little understanding into the phrase "Give us this day our daily bread." Living from God's hand to our mouth is a challenge in faith, but with rich rewards that will prepare for greater things.

No comments: