Friday, November 21, 2008

Hard Drive Crash....Learning a lesson the heard way, as usual.
Last week on our trek home MaryAnne fell into Olivia's computer as a crazed fan into a mosh pit at a concert and desecrated the hard drive. We lost 6 weeks of Olivia's school work not to mention the 50-11 movies she had on there. How could she have been mosh pit diving in the back seat of the car you might ask? Well that was the lesson I had to learn, the $130 and 3 days of work way. Buddy told me to make sure she sits down when we are driving, her seat belt was malfunctioning so she couldn't be buckled up. I just blew off his admonishment and let her climb and jump and BLAMMO! There went the computer. So after apologizing to Buddy and my daughter and explain to her "even mommy needs to obey daddy." The situation is rectified. I am now humbled into the subjective state I am supposed to be in. Why do we only learn the hard way? Anyway we have been home for a week now and Buddy is working with my dad. He does not enjoy that but at least its work. We are headed to Pensacola to be at Smyrna Baptist Church for 3 days. That should be fun, although I hope MaryAnne's allergies and asthma doesn't flare up as they have been the last few days. Then Tuesday night is our annual eat yourself into a comma night at our home church which is always fun. Looking forward to that one. Then Thursday is our Anniversary and Friday is one of my favorite days of the year. Yes it's BLACK FRIDAY! Can't wait to post all the crazy deals I get.

No comments: