Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Time

Oh how I love Christmas, what a wonderful time of year. My favorite Christmas verse is John 1:14 and the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us." What an astounding thought that the God of heaven would humble himself to come to this junk yard of a sin cursed world. I know that we should not leave the Saviour as a babe lying in the manger but nor should we forget what a humbling thing it was for him to put upon the robe of flesh in order to one day walk the Calvary road for us. That is what Christmas means to me. He came to dwell among us, the closest thing I can think in my mind to compare it to would be the President going to sleep under a bridge with homeless people just to identify with them. I know that is pathetic illustration, but you get the point. Merry Christmas!

No comments: